The 3.2 million members of the NEA are linked by a common thread-dedication to students, to families, and to community. At NEA Member Benefits, we take pride in serving you! We are dedicated to making the personal and professional lives of educators better through "best in class" programs and services.
For more than half a century, NEA Member Benefits has helped enhance the lives of NEA members and their families through advocacy, service and information. We work with each and every member to find the best solutions to meet their needs. We strive to help all members increase their economic security through financial services, insurance programs and investment advice. We want to maximize members' hard-earned dollars through consumer discounts and special travel and leisure offers. We also offer resources designed to help educators in the classroom-from professional development services to discounts on instructional materials. At NEA Member Benefits, we take pride in being advocates for members and providing them valuable and trustworthy service-every step of the way.
We invite you to learn more about NEA Member Benefits by contacting us at 1-800-637-4636 or at www.neamb.com. We look forward to serving you!
The NEA Member Benefits Corporation is a subsidiary of the NEA, established to develop, implement and administer NEA Member Benefits programs and services. Its governing body includes a Board of Directors which oversees the corporation to ensure the quality and consistency of the programs.
Find more about all the following benefits by visiting www.neamb.com.
Or call the customer service center at 1-800-637-7636.
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Eastern.
Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Eastern
- NEA Complimentary Life Insurance: The NEA Members Insurance Trust® provides valuable, no-cost term life insurance and other important coverage to all eligible members.
- NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance: $15,000 of life insurance is available at no cost to eligible new members. (Available only to members employed in K-12 education and higher ed.)
- NEA Group Term Life Insurance: An economical way to help safeguard you and your loved ones with high coverage amounts. NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan, issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America, provides basic coverage that’s easy to apply for and most often no medical exam is required.
- NEA Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Plan: With AD&D coverage, whether you’re home or away, you know that you and your loved ones are covered in case of an accident. AD&D coverage may be appropriate for members of all ages.
- NEA Guaranteed Issue Life Plan: Coverage guaranteed for NEA members and their spouses, ages 45 and older.
- NEA Level Premium Term Life Insurance: Now provides three terms and various coverage levels up to $1,000,000. In addition, members can now lock in coverage up to age 80 at lower rates. This plan, created exclusively for NEA members by the NEA Members Insurance Trust, provides supplemental coverage to NEA members at competitive rates that won’t change because of your age or changes in your health for the life of the term.
- Traditional NEA Hospital Care Insurance: A hospital Income Insurance plan that is an affordable coverage to provide basic daily cash benefits based upon your hospital stay.
- NEA Long-Term Care Program: If due to illness or dementia, you need assistance with daily activities like bathing, dressing and eating, long-term care insurance pays for caregivers to come to your home to help.
- NEA Hospital CarePlus Insurance: Designed to help pay the “extra” hospital and recovery expenses Medicare or your current health care plan doesn’t pay and allows you greater freedom to help take charge of your care.
- NEA Medicare Supplement Program: Coverage for hospital and medical expenses not covered by Medicare.
- NEA Income Protection Plan: Disability income insurance that helps replace part of your paycheck when you can’t work yourself.
- NEA Dental and Vision Insurance Program: Provides you with substantial coverage for a majority of your dental care expenses and optional vision insurance to cover your eyewear needs.
- NEA Hearing Care Program: Enroll in the NEA Hearing Care Program and receive a free hearing screening for yourself and members of your family at a local provider’s office.
- NEA Pet Insurance Program: The best pet insurance is now available to NEA members—Pets Best Insurance. It can help make vet bills affordable.
LOAN AND MORTGAGE PROGRAMS
- NEA Home Financing Program: Whether you’re buying a home or refinancing, getting a competitive rate on a mortgage is easier than ever with the NEA Home Financing Program® offered through Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
- Home Equity Loans: Many homeowners use the equity in their homes to finance home improvements, consolidate bills or make large purchases. The NEA is here to help with NEA Home Financing Program provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.
- NEA Personal Loan: The NEA Personal Loan program provides an easy means for members to pay off high interest debt. Offering low, competitive fixed rates and no balance transfer fees, members can consolidate their balances into one simple-to-manage loan.
- NEA Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae: This is an ideal solution for families who need help to pay for undergraduate or graduate college expenses not covered by scholarships, grants or federal loans.
- NEA Valuebuilder Program: Securing your financial future is an important part of NEA Member Benefits’ mission. NEA Valuebuilder® is our retirement savings program. It provides an ideal opportunity for you to supplement your retirement income and better protect your financial future.
- NEA Savings Program: An all-new NEA Savings Program—dedicated to bringing you higher rates on your savings—is nearly complete. We’re in final negotiations with new banking partners chosen in a nationwide search.
- Retirement Planning Center: Utilize this tremendously helpful resource to get tips and help plan for how you can save up for your retirement, and best enjoy your golden years.
CONSUMER DISCOUNT PROGRAMS
- NEA Click & Save: Our most popular discount program for NEA members and their families. This exclusive shopping service offers savings on brand name merchandise from hundreds of top retailers, online stores, and local merchants. Save on clothing, electronics, restaurants, jewelry, movie tickets and more. Members can also invite up to four friends to join.
- NEA Auto Buying Program: This plan offers members guaranteed savings through local dealers. Search for any new vehicle and view a wide range of used vehicle listings. There is never any cost to use the service or obligation to buy plus all dealers are prescreened to provide you with the best car buying experience.
- NEA Vehicle Protection Plan: Backed by CARCHEX, an A+ Rated BBB Business and nationwide leader in automotive extended warranty protection, the NEA Vehicle Protection Program provides you with the highest level of extended auto warranty coverage at the lowest possible price.
- Jeep Preferred Pricing Plan: You’re now eligible to receive the Preferred Price* (1% below factory invoice) on the purchase or lease of most new Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram vehicles.
- NEA Long Distance Program: Take advantage of the NEA Long Distance Program for NEA members and their families. As an NEA member, you and your family can enjoy exceptional long distance savings! Only 3.9¢ per minute on state-to-state calls.
- NEA Heating Oil Program: HEAT USA, the country’s largest heating oil buying group, uses its substantial purchasing power to negotiate lower prices, better service and free service contracts from carefully screened, full-service local heating oil companies.
- NEA Electric and Natural Gas Program: The NEA Electric and Natural Gas Program from Power USA offers members the opportunity to get a low rate on electricity and natural gas.
- Whirlpool Corporation VIPLINK Program: Save like a VIP on name-brand appliances.
- 1800Flowers.com: NEA members enjoy a 20% savings every day on flowers, plants, gift baskets, gourmet foods, confections, plush stuffed animals and more!
- NEA ID Theft Protection: Identity Fraud, Inc. provides comprehensive protection against identity theft for NEA members with plans starting at only $19.95 per year.
- NEA Wireless: With NEA Wireless you can save 15% on monthly AT&T cell phone service for you and your family.
- NEA Magazine Service: Take advantage of our NEA magazine discounts on 900+ titles at up to 85% off newsstand prices with a low price guarantee.
- Costco Membership: Join Costco and start saving today, plus receive coupons for free products and other savings valued at more than $55.
- Alamo Rent A Car: Take advantage of our NEA member discount at Alamo Rent A Car. Enjoy no daily mileage limits and no charge for a second driver at most locations.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: NEA members receive a 5% discount on car rentals from Enterprise, which has over 6,000 rental locations across the U.S. Convenient free pickup and return.
- Hertz Rent a Car: NEA members can save on car, SUV, and minivan rentals from Hertz at the airport and in your neighborhood. Hertz Gold Plus Rewards are free for NEA members.
- National Car Rental: Along with your member discount, you get unlimited mileage, coupon offers and 24-hour emergency roadside assistance.
- Red Roof Inn: Red Roof Inn offers a 20% nationwide discount to NEA members for close to 350 locations in 36 states. Get free WiFi, free phone calls, and free parking.
- Corwin - Professional Learning Resources: Corwin is the premier publisher for educators’ professional development needs, providing books, eBooks, kits, professional learning events, eCourses, and eLibraries.
- SmileMakers: An online store for student rewards, classroom décor and more, is offering NEA members up to 50% off and free shipping for a limited time.
- School Library Journal: “SLJ” provides critical and timely information covering materials and technology trends for classroom use with an emphasis on CCSS curriculum and instructional support.
- uBoost: Make your students feel good about their accomplishments with uBoost! And, as an NEA member, you are eligible for FREE uBoost points to get started today.
- Works4Me: Subscribe to this free weekly newsletter. You’ll get other teachers’ best ideas on classroom management, techniques, curriculum, student relationships and more.
- Digital Wish: Use this free resource to locate funding for classroom technology! Create your wish list and reach out to prospective donors.
- Carson-Dellosa Publishing: Save 15% on books, pocket charts, games, decoratives and more! Plus, on orders of $35 or more, NEA members receive free standard shipping!
- Curriki: Join Curriki for free access to open source peer-reviewed content, for opportunities to collaborate with other educators and to share your own content.
- Lesson Planet: NEA members receive 20% off Lesson Planet, a powerful curriculum search solution for PreK-12 educators.
- The Read Across America - Dr. Seuss Store: Allows NEA members to order discounted products, resources and more through a partnership with SmileMakers.
Absolutely no dues dollars are used to market NEA Member Benefits programs.