Beginning on April 1, 2017, K-12 and Higher Education members are eligible to enroll in the North Dakota United Early Enrollment Plan. Get a jump on enrolling in NDU for the upcoming new school year, and gain immediate access to membership benefits that come with being a part of our union at no additional cost.
Here are the details on our Early Enrollment Incentive Plan:
A. Powerful Incentive
- No Cost. Between April 1 and August 31, 2017, the NEA Early Enrollment Membership Incentive Plan offers eligible recruits no-cost access as “Insureds” in the NEA Educators Employment Liability (EEL) Program and access to select NDU Member Benefits programs.
- Without the Early Enrollment Membership Incentive Plan, first-time Active members who sign up during the 2015-16 school year would have to pay prorated NEA dues to receive these membership benefits (NEA Bylaw 2‑7).
- Limited Eligibility. Early enrollment is limited to recruits for the 2017-18 membership year who are either:
- Individuals who sign up and pledge to pay unified Active membership dues as a first-time Active member of NEA or AFT beginning September 1, 2015, or
- New Student Program recruits who sign up and fully pay Student Program dues for the 2017-2018 membership year at the time of enrollment.
- For all purposes, including membership counts and governance representation, early enrollees are non‑members until the membership year begins on September 1, 2017.
B. Additional Benefits
Early enrollees have access to these unique NEA Member Benefits programs:
- NEA Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plan
- NEA Group Term Life Insurance Plan
- NEA Members Auto and Home Insurance Program
NDU Member Benefits Products available to Early Enrollees are:
- Horace Mann Auto Advantage
C. Start Date for Benefits
- Access to NEA EEL Program benefits will begin no earlier than April 1, 2017. The Early Enrollment date is the date that the individual signs the NDU early enrollment form and the accompanying authorization form for payment of his or her 2017-18 dues commitment (or April 1, if signed on March 31 or earlier).
Fill-out the Enrollment Form
Simply fill out the form, print it out, sign it, scan it, and send it in via email or mail.