NDU-Retired members work to strengthen public education, public services and healthcare, and professions to which they dedicated their lives. They battle to improve key federal and state programs, traditional pensions and healthcare coverage for today’s and tomorrow’s retirees. NDU-Retired members help affect positive change for North Dakota’s children, public educators, public employees and communities. We work with North Dakota United to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension, and health benefits—including state pensions like TFFR and NDPERS, Social Security and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for public education and public service.
- Monitor state legislative issues.
- Lobby on behalf of retired workers.
- Participate in decision-making on educational and public services related issues.
- Represent retired members on the NDU Board of Directors.
- Influence decision-making at NEA, AFT and NDU business meetings.